KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY.

KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY.
Photos Dan Bolt

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Dooms day chapel

I spent a lot of time looking at Google earth and thinking where would I of settled and lived if I had lived in the iron age, dark age, dark age that type of thing. Where would I have kept my boat, collected my fire wood got my drinking water etc. So looked and looked and looked.

I chose a place on a river where I would of brought my boat a shore.
A place for wood and fresh water.

So now I ask a farmer quiet near by can I please metal detect on his land, No he said as it is National Trust no MD allowed,,,,bummer me thinks

Couple weeks later at rugby training I ask a farmer fiend of mine if it would be possible to metal detect on his land (not knowing where his farm even is ) yes he says and I will show you where are land and boundaries are. Cool me things but probably miles in land.

How wrong I cold be, and guess what ? the place I goes for my landing and settlement is o his land!!

And it gets better, there is also a very old building that he tells me is mentioned in the dooms day book and was a chapel. That puts it a least 1000 years old.

Off to take a look around tomorrow, my take my detector not sure.

Will let you know how I get on and post some photos

The more i look

No comments:

Post a Comment